Ka’edi Africa online creative nonfiction magazine is accepting submissions year round in five categories which are: Art, Reviews, Photography, Food and Culture/People.
We encourage young writers within the Africa continent to submit.
- All entries must be centred on Africa.
- Entries should not be more than 2000 words.
- Entries must be original unpublished work of the writer.
- Simultaneous submissions are not allowed.
- Writers are free to submit work in more than one category.
- Submission should be in a separate MS Word document attached to your submission email. Every submission should be accompanied by a short bio which includes the writers name, picture, state and country of residence.
- Entries in indigenous African languages (Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Swahili, etc. will be considered, if they are accompanied by an English translation.
- For the Photography and Art columns, images should be sent as an attachment alongside a short piece that explains the story behind each image. Submissions should be five-ten (5-10) images.
- Reviews should be submitted to reviews[at]kaediafrica.org.ng
- Entries on people/lifestyle should be sent to culture[at]kaediafrica.org.ng
- Creative pieces on African food should be sent to food[at]kaediafrica.org.ng
- Photography and Artworks should be sent to photography[at]kaediafrica.org.ng and art[at]kaediafrica.org.ng
NB: We do not pay writers for submissions at this time. However, we hope that will change in the future.
We look forward to reading and publishing your work.